We received a telephone warning of floods which was confirmed on the BBC weather forecast. We were also expecting thunder and lightning this at the time of writing has yet to materialise. Are outside activities were severely restricted. Although Rae with Simons assistance managed to hack a few trees and sculpt a couple of hedges.
When it rains it rains up here.
We go from torrential rain and floods to blue skies and back again.
Unfortunately we have yet to cure the leak in the van but have managed to add a couple of struts to the caravan awning which seems ensure dryness and reduce the risk of collapse! At the time of writing the sound of the rain on the awning is deafening. Having said that it still is a sound that’s strangely comforting.
More of the same is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. If we are not swept away we will be working tomorrow with our next days off being Sunday afternoon and Monday.
No plans so far waiting to see what the weather brings.
Strangely a little comforted by the current weather as a little more Scottish than the Mediterranean weather we had been experiencing up until now.