top of page

Third times a charm made it!!

After two failed attempts we decided to try again today. One of the local lads had given us advice on routes. Luckily I had downloaded the OS maps on the phone and them with a bit of local knowledge we had gained plus a great deal of luck we found our way. Simon had very kindly agreed to pick us up at the pub at the end of the journey. We completed the walk after 8 hours and 18 miles of ups and downs and a lot of off piste guess work. It was stunning at times arduous but totally worth it. The bonus was that despite traffic congestion and overflowing car parks all round the Highlands we met not one person throughout the walk. Score!! I will leave you with some of the photos we took a little taste of the wilderness still accessible in the UK!

Having a little trouble with the app today.

Heres a little fella we met on the way nestled amongst some heather that has just started to bloom. We are looking forward to the mountains and hillsides being resplendent in purple.

One of the sights that the locals extol.

A micro brewery on in the middle of nowhere.

At last we made it!

A well earned drink and chips at the local hostillery.

Many thanks to Simon and Judith for looking after Gordon and for picking us up at the end of the walk. Otherwise it would not have been possible.

Tomorrow we are back at work and off again Tuesday afternoon.

I believe if you tap on the images they enlarge?

Three fingers for three attempts not a brownie salute😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

33 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Swapping platforms

Follow me and my travels on Polarsteps Tried to sort this out but they wanted over £450 to continue. If you're interested in keeping up please let us know.

Probably the nicest area yet that we’ve stayed.

The conversation with the blog server continues. I am trying to find a way forward.! We had packed away our summer clothes thinking that as we headed home we would not be needing them. After unpacking

The long drive.

Still awaiting a call from the blog admin to try and sort out storage issues. We got up reasonably early and left the sight at about 9 for the 6 hour or so drive to València. It was the best drive we


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page